We are a movement in the East of Pretoria. A movement that brings churches and together as one to build up and encourage one another. A movement that strives in making an impact in the community of our city and beyond!
To Unite the Body of Jesus Christ in Establishing the Kingdom of God in Transforming Pretoria/Tshwane East.
Meet the Facilitation Team:
John Reobert (Choose Life Church) | Jean Symmons (Doxa Deo) | Dirkie vd Spuy (Independent) | Marno Boschoff (Independent) | Abel Zuma (Fire Revival Church) | Riaan Niemand (Eastside Community Church).
Vision and Mission:
LPE aims to facilitate relationship amongst church leaders in Pretoria/Tshwane East. These relationships should in turn result in churches relating to one another and a greater “working together”
- To promote Unity and Love
- To Pray and Worship together
- To Influence the City
- To be an example of Church unity to the City
- To Network leaders & churches and to encourage them to move in the same direction
- To see the vast majority of East leaders involved in LPE
- To earn the trust of the Church and the City
- To serve the Church, it’s leaders and the City
We believe that God’s heart for Pretoria/Tshwane includes some of the following:
“Then this city will bring me renown, joy, praise and honour before all nations on earth that hear of all the good things I do for it; and they will be in awe and will tremble at the abundant prosperity and peace I provide for it.” Jeremiah 33:9 (NIV)
“I will also make your officers peace, and your magistrates righteousness. Violence shall no longer be heard in your land, neither wasting nor destruction within your borders; but you shall call your walls Salvation and your gates Praise.” Isaiah 60:17b-18
“…And the name of the city from that day shall be: THE LORD IS THERE.” Ezekiel 48:35b
That there would be a returning to the meaning of the originally intended name for our city – “Philadelphia” (place of brotherly-love)
We believe God’s heart for Pretoria/Tshwane is one of Compassion, Healing, Salvation and Revival.
We also believe that God desires to see His people rise up within the City and speak with one voice!
Being involved in the vision of LPE requires:
- That you flow together with “THE KINGDOM” agenda
- Each leader to have a heart for the broader body of Christ
- It’s NOT about what LPE can do for my church, but about giving towards the bigger picture
- That you DO NOT see LPE as a “Vehicle of Projects”, although certain projects will be undertake
- Trust God to do it by His Spirit
- Meet together every 7/8 weeks
- Minister to each other
- Give quality time to worshipping together
- Develop LPE into a Network of friends & partners
- Sending out an LPE letter to all or most East leaders consistently
- Passionately communicate the VISION on an on-going basis
- Facilitate partnering between churches
- Encourage practical church-to-church interaction
E.g.: Exchanging of pulpits
Swopping of worship teams/worship leaders, Combined Youth meetings, etc.
- By praying for our City
- Create a public awareness of LPE (Eg: newspapers, radio, bumper stickers, T-shirts, billboards, etc.)
- By taking hands with the Municipality, the Mayor and his councilors
- By undertaking specific projects together, for example: Combined meetings sich as “March for Jesus & City Celebrations”.